1. The HK T20 Blitz is organised by an associate nation and is envy of the associate world, what the tournament aims to do is bring focus on Hong Kong while also helping other associate sides.
2. In the inaugural edition there was only one marquee player in Michael Clarke, who played for Kowloon Cantons. Clarke was excited about the prospect of playing in an associate T20 league & he mentored the HK cricketers during the tournament as well.
3. The inaugural edition was hit by rain, this meant all the games were affected by rain and the inaugural HKT20 Blitz winners were Island Warriors & Kowloon Cantons in a washout.
4. Hong Kong Island United is the sister franchise of inaugural PSL champions Islamabad United.
5. The HKT20 Blitz’s aim is to help other associate nations as well and this means that there should be atleast one associate player from the 5 a franchise can pick in their side.
6. Along with the associate player’s rules, the league also has a spot for an emerging player & a HK dragon player (Chinese players).
7. This year there were 25 foreign players, way higher than last year. These include big names like Sangakkarra, Misbah Ul Haq, Saeed Ajmal, Ian Bell, Ryan Ten Doeschate, Dwayne Smith, Darren Sammy, Marlon Samuels & James Franklin.
8. The league is streamed live on YouTube and Facebook, making it more accessible for fans all around the globe.
9. All the games are played at Mission Road ground, which is the only international cricket ground in Hong Kong.
10. And one of the most unique problems the league faces is the balls they lose cause of the big sixes, as one side of the ground is the softball stadium which they can access, but on the other side is a residential area where there is restricted access.