Hours after Umar Akmal was served a show-cause notice by the PCB for coming out against head coach Mickey Arthur, the middle-order batsman took to Twitter to explain his side of the story.
Akmal had been in the headlines since Wednesday when he accused Arthur of insulting him in front of chief selector Inzamam-ul-Haq.
Here's what Akmal said.
“If Inzamam and Mushtaq [Ahmed], under the oath of Quran, say that Mickey didn’t abuse me, I will appologise to the whole nation unconditionally.”
“There has been a propaganda going on against me for the past three-four years, which is also evident from my previous selection.”
“I want to clarify one thing here that the chief selector is an honest man; that’s why he selected me in the team.”
“My fitness test was conducted at the National Cricket Academy, after which I was selected for the Champions Trophy.”
“Alas, when I reached England with the team, Mickey – under a preplanned scheme – took a dummy test just to oust me from the team.”
“I was once again realized that there is some propaganda going on against me.”
“Everyone had returned after playing the West Indies. Didn’t Mickey know then who was fit and who wasn’t?”
“The fitness test was solely conducted to oust me from the team.”
“One thing that is important to clarify and which supports my arguments is when my fitness test started…”
“Yahya Hussain – who is a great journalist – told me that these people wanted to oust me from the team.”
“Because Azhar Ali or Hafeez will need to sit out if you are selected, and these people don’t want this.”
“I will give the details on other allegations against me in the future.”