Former Australia skipper Steve Smith's surgery for an elbow injury went ‘very well’ and remains on track for the World Cup in England this year, his management said.
Smith, whose one-year ban for his role in ball-tampering expires in late March, was forced to return back home from the Bangladesh Premier League last month with the ligament problem.
He went under the knife and is currently in a brace.
Smith's manager Warren Craig told the Cricket Australia website late Wednesday the surgery had "gone very well".
"Until the brace comes off we don't know for sure but all current opinion is that he'll then have about three-and-a-half weeks (before being ready to play)," he said.
"The intent is that he will play in the IPL (Indian Premier League) and then the World Cup and then the Ashes."
His injury update appeared to quash the reports about missing out on the one-day World Cup starting this year.
Smith and David Warner will be eligible for international selection again on March 29 after serving year-long bans for their roles in attempting to alter the ball during Cape Town Test in March last year.
Warner also returned home from Bangladesh to have an injured elbow assessed, but it is not believed to be as serious as Smith's. He was due to undergo minor surgery in late January.
Australian Test skipper Tim Paine on Monday said he expected both of them to play a ‘huge role’ in this year's Ashes series against England.
Without the experienced duo, Australia have struggled, although they ended their summer on a high with a 2-0 series win over Sri Lanka.
"We know how good they are and hopefully once their bans are up they'll be welcomed back and they will win Test matches like they did before," said Paine.