Australia's Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Pat Cummins and Nathan Lyon Sunday lashed out at "false" and "inflammatory" claims that they were planning a Test boycott if David Warner had not been kicked off the team in the wake of the ball-tampering scandal.
The Sydney Morning Herald reported on Friday that Australia's top bowlers intended to pull out of the fourth Test if Warner was not removed.
But a statement from the quartet denied a boycott had been considered and the bowlers said they were focused on "moving forward".
"This claim is disappointing on a number of fronts but most importantly because it is false," the statement said.
It added that allegations "which question our relationship with David are inflammatory and misleading".
Smith and Warner's reintegration into the international fold has already begun with the pair meeting the ODI team in Dubai this month. Lyon and Cummins were present, but the injured Starc and Hazlewood were not.
Asked on Thursday whether Warner's return would be disruptive, Cricket Australia chief Kevin Roberts compared the situation to any other workplace.
"What we're focused on is doing everything we can to support Dave, Steve, Cameron and all of the other support staff with this integration... to build harmony rather than to disrupt the harmony that is building," he said.
"At the same time, let's be open about it -- in any workplace, you don't need to be best mates with everyone, but there needs to be a foundation of respect and I think there is growing respect there."
He added that Smith, Warner, and Bancroft had all "owned their mistakes, they've paid a price and have served their time".