Bangladesh cricket officials said they were monitoring security situation in Sri Lanka in the wake of last month's terror attacks and ahead of a planned tour slotted for July.
The national team narrowly avoided being caught in the New Zealand mosque terror attacks of March 15 that killed 51 people.
Bangladesh's ODI series in Sri Lanka was scheduled to take place in July, having been brought forward from December.
But the fate of the series has been under doubt following the Easter attacks in Sri Lanka churches and hotels that killed more than 250 people.
"We won't say the series is uncertain, but we are monitoring the situation through the Bangladesh High Commission and our foreign ministry,” cricket board chief executive Nizamuddin Chowdhury told AFP.
"We will also see what the Sri Lankan Cricket board has to say about the present situation," he added.
Bangladesh's players and officials came within 50 metres (yards) of the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch in March before a suspected white supremacist began indiscriminately shooting Muslim worshippers.
They were due to play a Test match in the city which was cancelled immediately.