Jason Holder has admitted the West Indies face an uphill task to qualify for the World Cup semi-finals after they were stunned by a seven-wicket defeat against Bangladesh at Taunton on Monday.
The one-dimensional Caribbean pace attack was rendered ineffective by a brutal charge led by the in-form Shakib Al Hasan and Liton Das to set up the second highest run chase in World Cup history.
Despite putting on a competitive total of 321-8 in the first innings, Holder was left disappointed as his bowlers failed the contain the attack unleashed by Bangladesh's batters.
The West Indies began their tournament campaign on a strong note thumping Pakistan in a seven-wicket win before coming close to toppling Australia in pursuit of the target of 289 and just losing the plot by 15 runs.
Since then, the margin of losses have become only bigger for the West Indies as they received an eight-wicket drubbing from hosts England and now Bangladesh cruised their way to 322 with 8.3 overs to spare.
"It's looking tough at this present moment, but it's not impossible. We have to play every game here now as a final," Holder said as his team presently languishes at the seventh position of the points table.
"We've got to win every game left to give ourselves a really good chance."
West Indies need to win all their remaining games to give themselves some chance of landing a spot in the top four and they face a stiff challenge in their upcoming contests against New Zealand and India.
"If we want to go through into the semi-finals we've got to beat the best teams," Holder said.
"We've got to back ourselves and be more clinical with the ball.
"A few top edges didn't go our way, but we didn't help ourselves as well.
"We've also got to score more runs because we haven't got a batsman with a hundred yet.
"I thought with the pitch dimensions we could have got 365-375 but we were well short, 40 or 50 runs."