Sri Lanka Cricket has reaffirmed its commitment to go ahead with the tour of Pakistan as planned despite a possible terror threat targeting the players during their visit.
SLC Secretary Mohan de Silva claimed to have received the consent of the defence ministry to travel to Pakistan for the six limited-overs fixtures.
"We have the green light from the defence ministry," de Silva said.
"The tour is on as we planned. I myself and our office bearers will also be accompanying the team."
The fate of the tour was clouded in ambiguity following reports last week of a possible terror attack on the team if they were to proceed with the tour.
This had prompted SLC to refer the matter to the defence ministry for investigation.
De Silva was earlier part of the security delegation tasked with assessing the arrangements made by the hosts.
"They have promised security reserved for a head of state," he said.
The tour will mark Sri Lanka's second visit to Pakistan since they were attacked by militants during a Test match in Lahore in 2009.
They returned to Lahore to play a solitary T20 match against Pakistan in October 2017, losing the encounter by 36 runs.
The team will depart for Pakistan on Tuesday with the ODI and T20I squads being captained by Lahiru Thirimanne and Dasun Shanaka respectively.
The three ODI games will be held in Karachi before the action shifts to Lahore for the three T20Is.
1st ODI - Karachi, September 27
2nd ODI - Karachi, September 29
3rd ODI - Karachi, October 2
1st T20I - Lahore, October 5
2nd T20I - Lahore, October 7
3rd T20 - Lahore, October 9