Emily Smith was handed a one year ban for uploading her team (Hobart Hurricanes) line-up on social media an hour before the scheduled time of release but now she has just landed herself an internship opportunity with the Australian Cricketers' Association (ACA).
According to the Australian Associated Press, the organisation met the banned player on Tuesday to plan her reintegration into competitive cricket. Her 12-month ban included nine months suspension but it looks like she will be able to keep herself busy in the meantime.
The 24-year-old will be taking care of event management, program service delivery and will be tasked with keeping a liaison with retired players for Cricket Australia's (CA) activities.
Many keen observers considered the penalty a little too harsh and the association also termed the ban as "heavy-handed".
The Women's Big Bash League (WBBL) player was in tatters after hearing the news of the ban, following posting the team - in a washout affair - on Instagram and the fallout since then has been tough for the budding cricketer who accepted the sanction without any appeal.
That being said, the action was against the anti-corruption laws which do not permit players to reveal any news to electronic, print and social media. Not to mention the possibility of illegal betting at WBBL might have played a role in her one-year debar from cricket.
The Hurricanes team management was fined $10,000 for allowing the cellphone to be used in the ground premises. There are chances for relaxation in the wicketkeeper-batswoman's ban if the association reassess its stance.
In the aftermath of the event, CA's head of integrity Sean Carroll said: "CA's rigorous anti-corruption player education programme means that players are well aware of their obligations... and there is no excuse for breaches regardless of the reasons for information being disclosed.
The next board meeting of CA and ACA is scheduled on December 6 where the issue of Smith's ban review will be a part of the agenda.