Recently Finished
Live Cricket
Upcoming Matches
View All Matches
Home
>
News
>
Will not pressurize any player to go to Pakistan, says BCB chief Nazmul Hassan
Bangladesh tour of Pakistan

Will not pressurize any player to go to Pakistan, says BCB chief Nazmul Hassan

Bangladesh Cricket Board president Nazmul Hassan has hinted at the possibility of sending a second-string side for the upcoming Pakistan tour if players refuse to travel to the country.

Bangladesh is currently awaiting security clearance from its government to make the trip to Pakistan where they are scheduled to play three T20Is and two Test matches.

Hassan said the board would still seek consent from players even if they receive the green signal from the government and claimed the selectors were not yet pondering over a "replacement team".

"We cannot force our players to go to Pakistan," the BCB chief told reporters in Mirpur.

"If any player doesn't want to go, he will not go there. We will not pressurize anyone. The board will not pressurize any player to go to Pakistan. I don't think it's time to talk about the replacement team. It will depend on the situation."

The Pakistan Cricket Board has already sent a draft itinerary for the tour slated to be held in January-February.

Bangladesh had recently sent a women's team and an Under-16 contingent to Pakistan a couple of months ago but Hassan reported they were still making a decision regarding the men's team tour.

"We have applied to the government to know whether we will get the security clearance for Pakistan series. Two of our teams visited Pakistan before. One is the women's team and other was the boy's team [U16 team]."

"We are yet to get the security clearance for the national team. But if you ask me about security, it should be the same either it is the under-12 or the national team.

"We are assuming that we will get the security clearance. But we are yet to receive it. When we have it [the report] in our hand, we can inform about our decision."

In addition to doubts over the participation of first-choice players, BCB has considered floating the idea of a split series which would entail the Tests being played at a neutral venue.

"After security clearance, it will be the opinion of the cricketers. We want to hear who wants to go or who doesn't."

"There are a lot of matters including the board. After getting the clearance we will sit to discuss about these things. We hope that we can make a final decision within the next four to five days," Hassan added.