Cricket Australia has declared its intentions to hold the T20 World Cup as scheduled later this year despite the global coronavirus pandemic.
The showpiece event, the first edition to be held in four years' time, is set to get underway in October across seven venues in Australia with defending champions West Indies vying to retain their position as the title-holders.
Although the remainder of Australia's cricket season, including the premier domestic first-class competition, has been cancelled due to the worsening COVID-19 crisis, plans for the World Cup are unchanged.
"We're really hoping that all forms of sport can be played again in a few weeks' or a few months' time," CA chief executive Kevin Roberts said.
"None of us are experts in this situation obviously, so our hope is that we're back in very much normal circumstances come October and November when the men's T20 World Cup is to be played.
"And at this stage we're planning on November 15, to have a full house at the MCG (for the final) to inspire the world through men's cricket as the women's cricketers did here just last week," he added.
Earlier this month, Australia stormed to their fifth women's T20 World Cup title via a comprehensive 85-run victory over India in the final in front of a record attendance at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
A few days following the final, it was found out that a spectator who attended the final tested positive for the virus raising fears over the spread of the disease.
This prompted Australia to immediately suspend all sporting activities in the country and impose travel restrictions with the rise in the number of confirmed cases.
In addition to the World Cup, Australia is due to host India and Afghanistan for Test assignments with Roberts hoping the 2020-2021 season won't be affected.
"We're moving now from the management of the onset of coronavirus as a critical incident, to how do we guarantee the continuity of our business and our organisation beyond that," he said.