Recently Finished
Live Cricket
Upcoming Matches
No live scores available
View All Matches
Home
>
News
>
Faheem Ashraf, Kieron Pollard's Northamptonshire contracts cancelled
Northants News

Faheem Ashraf, Kieron Pollard's Northamptonshire contracts cancelled

Northamptonshire's overseas signings Faheem Ashraf and Kieron Pollard will not be available for the 2020 season after the duo's contracts were cancelled by mutual consent.

Faheem was set to play for the club in the first half of the season as an all-format player while West Indies' white-ball skipper Pollard was signed for the duration of the T20 Blast.

The coronavirus crisis has caused professional cricket in England and Wales to be delayed until July 1. Border restrictions and a compressed international calendar in light of rescheduling of the postponed assignments have thus forced Northamptonshire to reach this decision.

“It’s obviously really disappointing as they’re superb players and there was a real buzz around them joining the squad," the side's head coach David Ripley said.

“I’d really like to thank the players and their management for their understanding and cooperation.”

Northamptonshire chief executive Ray Payne has not ruled out the possibility of Faheem and Pollard rejoining the club in the future.

“There are a lot of ifs, buts and maybes,” he said.

“We don’t have any schedule yet for next season so those players don’t know where they’re going to be. But once we’ve got a schedule, we’ll definitely be talking to them about coming back.”

Faheem was a regular member of the team's T20 outfit last year, turning out for them in 11 games in the T20 Blast whereas the forthcoming tournament was supposed to be Pollard's maiden stint with Northamptonshire.