Recently Finished
Live Cricket
Upcoming Matches
No live scores available
View All Matches
Home
>
Stories
>
Fans show mixed reactions to Australia’s World Cup kit
Australia

Fans show mixed reactions to Australia’s World Cup kit

Cricket Australia (CA) has unveiled the official kit of the national side for the upcoming World Cup scheduled to be held in England later this year. The jersey has a simple design, resembling some of the retro Aussie kits, with green and yellow fabric.

The picture of all-rounder Glenn Maxwell wearing the kit was released on social media on Tuesday as fans showed mixed reactions to it, some loving the new design while others asking for improvements.

In a poll conducted on the CA website, 64% of the fans voted in favor of the new kit design while the remaining 36% disagreed. Those who liked the kit were of the view that the kit reminded them of the retro designs of the 90s which would look good on the current players too.

However, there were numerous fans who disapproved the new kit design as they felt that reproducing the old kits is not a great idea.