The Indian cricket team has maintained its dominance over arch rivals Pakistan in the World Cup as it recently prolonged the winning streak to 7 games. The blue shirts produced a phenomenal performance at Old Trafford to beat the Pakistan side by 89 runs.
There could be many reasons given for the defeat but here are some of the most important rationales:
· 1. The below-par bowling by the Pakistan, bowlers helped Indian batsmen in getting easy runs in every over, thus, helping them set a perfect foundation for a big total. No bowler provided support to Mohammad Amir who was the only one to trouble the Indian batters.
· 2. Fielding was a major let down for team Pakistan in the India game as they not only missed some match-defining run out opportunities but were also quite lethargic in the outfield which was exploited by the Indian batsmen quite efficiently.
· 3. Lack of game plan seemed to cause issues for the Pakistan side as they did not have any clear plans to take wickets against specific players and they also seemed clueless against Indian part-time bowlers in such a high-voltage game.
· 4. The brittle middle order batting by the senior players dented Pakistan’s run chase quite badly as they gave their wickets away at a time when the team was looking towards them for some inspiration.
· 5. Moreover, the lack of game awareness has been haunting the national side for some time now and it came back to trouble them against India as well. Most of the bowlers seemed incapable to read the situation of the game which eventually led to a horror show in Manchester.