India’s young batting sensation Prithvi Shaw has been suspended for eight months by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
A BCCI release said Shaw had "Inadvertently ingested a prohibited substance, which can be commonly found in cough syrups." Shaw’s sample was found to contain Terbutaline - a substance specified under the WADA Prohibited List of Substances.
However, India’s most popular commentator and cricket analyst Harsha Bhogle said that the Indian cricket board will have to take care of the youngster as he has achieved everything so far through sheer hard work and commitment.
Prithvi Shaw is certainly one of the biggest batting talents produced by India recently and the authorities will have to keep a close eye on the youngster as he promises a bright future ahead.