The T20 fiesta-National T20 cup concluded successfully in Faisalabad after Northern ended up as the winner of the tournament. The crowd turn-over, the quality of cricket, the coverage everything was up to the mark during the event. Here is the statistical analysis of the National T20 Cup:
• As many as 190 sixes and 484 fours were smashed over 10 days of cricket during the National T20 Cup at Faisalabad’s Iqbal Stadium.
• Runner-up Balochistan struck 109 fours, which were the most by any side in the tournament.
• The batsmen’s domination continued over the course of 18 matches. 5,448 runs were scored as 26 half-centuries and two centuries – both from Central Punjab batsmen Babar Azam and Ahmed Shehzad – were cracked.
• Boasting a star-studded bowling lineup which included Mohammad Amir, Shadab Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Imad Wasim, Musa Khan and Haris Rauf, Northern were expected to be the strongest bowling unit of the tournament.
• They lived up to their reputation taking the most number of wickets for a team with 59 scalps. Overall, 221 wickets were taken in the tournament.
National T20 cup was a display of a competitive rivalry between the bat and the ball. Nail-bitting thrillers were also part and parcel of the tournament. PCB owes huge credit in the success of this T20 tournament.