Match Tied (Royal Challengers Bangalore win one-over eliminator)
A plethora of notable names headline the 28-player Platinum pool for the upcoming draft of the fifth edition of the Pakistan Super League. The likes of Dale Steyn, Chris Lynn, Hashim Amla, Alex Hales, Jason Roy and several other renowned cricketers from different corners of the world have shown their interest to be part of Pakistan’s premier T20 competition.
England spin duo, Adil Rashid and Moeen Ali, and the trio of Afghanistan spinners – Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi and Mujeeb Ur Rahman – are also part of the star-studded roster in the Platinum category.
The presence of such popular cricketers in the Platinum category is huge news for Pakistan cricket fans primarily because the next season will be played in its entirety in the country. This is a huge step for Pakistan, that is gradually welcoming international cricket to its shores.
The six teams can each retain up to eight players from their squad in the last season and can even swap players until the stipulated deadline – December 1.
The foreign players in the Platinum pool include:
• Australia: Chris Lynn, Dan Christian, Ben Cutting
• England: Jason Roy, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Alex Hales, Chris Jordan, Liam Plunkett, Harry Gurney
• South Africa: Hashim Amla, JP Duminy, Dale Steyn, Colin Ingram, Rilee Rossouw, Imran Tahir
• West Indies: Carlos Brathwaite, Dwayne Bravo, Evin Lewis, Sunil Narine, Kieron Pollard
• Afghanistan: Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi
• Sri Lanka: Angelo Mathews, Thisara Perera
• New Zealand: Colin Munro
• Nepal: Sandeep Lamichhane