Pakistan continues on their pathetic record in Australia as they lost yet another Test match to the host team by an innings and 5 runs. Pakistan was outclassed by Australia at the Gabba who took a lead of 1-0 in the 2-match Test series.
Here are the few stats you should look at from the 1st Test match:
1. Yasir Shah conceded 205 runs in 48.4 overs - first ever bowler to concede more than 200 runs in an innings three times in the Test cricket.
2. Australia has won 5 out of 6 Test matches at the Gabba against Pakistan (with only one draw, back in 1983)
3. Pakistan has lost its 5 Test matches away from the home (U.A.E).
4. This was Pakistan's 13th consecutive loss in Australia in Test cricket. They last won a Test in Australia in 1995.
5. Australia has been unbeaten at the Gabba since 1988. They played 31 Test matches since then, out of which they won 24 and drew 7 matches.
Australia’s Test dominance at the Gabba is prominent from the above stats. These stats also show the dismal performance of Pakistan in the last couple of year. Since Misbah-ul-Haq left Pakistan’s Test captaincy, the Green Team’s performance in the longest format of the game has gone down significantly.