Indian cricket team has ameliorated its gameplay in the past half-decade. The men and the women team of India have consistently performed well in the recent times. However, the record of the Indian team has been pathetic in the knock-out stages of the ICC tournaments. With Indian women team losing the final of the ICC T20 World Cup to Australia, India has been started to be named as the new chokers of the pressure-games.
Since 2013 ICC Champions Trophy, Indian’s men team has not been able to win a single ICC tournament despite of qualifying into the knock-out rounds almost every time. Here is the history of India’s men team since 2013 Champions Trophy final:
• Lost to Sri Lanka in the ICC T20 World Cup final in 2014.
• Lost to Australia in the semi-final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015.
• Lost to West Indies in the semi-final of the ICC T20 Cricket World Cup 2016
• Lost to Pakistan in the final of ICC Champions Trophy 2017
• Lost to New Zealand in the semi-final of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019.
Record of the Indian Women Cricket team in the ICC tournaments since 2009
• Ended in the group stage in 2013 ICC Women Cricket World Cup
• Runners up in the ICC Women Cricket World Cup 2017
• Semi-Finalists in the ICC T20 World Cup in 2009 and 2010
• Ended in the Group stage in 2012, 2014, and 2016 (ICC T20 World Cup)
• Runners-up in the ICC T20 World Cup 2020
The above stats show that not just the Indian men’s cricket team but also the women’s cricket team did not have good fortunes in the ICC events in the recent times.